Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Newest Addition to the Copp Family.


So last Friday I had to head to Preston to do a few things. On my way out of town I had to swing by my vets in Smithfield. To get to my vets I turn on the street that runs behind the Smithfield Livestock Auction. Whenever I drive by there I always take a peak and see what they have in the holding pens. Well on this particular day I spotted a very familiar horse. As I drove by I made contact with Pretty Boy, a paint horse that used to be owned by a guy that keeps his horses at the same place I do. I knew that John had sold Pretty Boy to this piece of crap guy Wayne in town who runs a very very lackluster rodeo. John made him the deal that he would not use him as a bucking horse but I knew that he had. So I immediatly call Wayne who of course doesnt answer so I call John and tell him what I saw. He tells me that Wayne told him he is going to just ride him at the auction to get him used to cows but I know that this is BS so I call the auction who in turn tells me who bought Pretty Boy. By now I am in Preston and tell my friend what is going on. He tells me that the guy who bought Pretty Boy is the killer buyer. I freak out call the guy and ask him if he will sell me the horse. He says yes and for $200 I now own my sixth horse. My mom goes with me to the auction to pick him up. We arent sure what to expect but after the guy gets him caught I say his name and hand him a treat. He puts his head on me as to say thank you for saving me. He was supposed to have been taken to slaughter two days before I found him but they forgot to stop and get him. Another example of everything happening for a reason. We get him loaded and head to the barn to look him over and see how bad of shape he is. As soon as we unloaded him he perked up when he realized where he was. This poor horses leg was so infected from two untreated wounds that it is swollen to twice his size, his mane is one giant knot, and he had bites and cuts all over his body. We got him all cleaned up and presentable and you could just tell he was happy. We have had him almost a week now and he is just amazing. Not only is he absolutly beautiful, he is the sweetest, kindest horse we own. We have just about gotten the infection cleared up and his twice daily "physical thearpy walks" have reduced the swelling to where his leg almost looks normal. I know there is a long road ahead to get him rideable after the unexcusable abuse he has suffered but in the end it will be worth it. And if I ever see Wayne again I just might cut his nuts off :).


1 comment:

Rice-Ball said...

Cute horse, what does that bring you up to now? You're starting your own little farm, with not so little animals!