Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Vegas Vacation

So this past Saturday was USU's first game of the season down at UNLV. To support Jeff, me and some of my friends...and John made the trek to Vegas. We started the trip with many dreams in sight, but the only dream that came true on this trip was me getting the yard long margarita that I had been craving for oh so long. Vegas vacation somehow turned into Vegas hell. We started our vacation at 4:30am Friday morning in my driveway. Pumped up and ready to go we start making our way to SLC. I thought that I had allowed ourselves plenty of travel time to make our 6:45am flight but as we pulled into the parking lot at 6:10am I found out just how wrong I was. As Im parking Daniel and Meghan make a run for the bus. They tell the driver to wait one minute cause 3 more are running to make it. The bus driver tells Daniel oh well and as Jessie, John, and I are sprinting to the bus with suitcases in tow the driver drives off in front of us. We figure that another bus will be right behind it and 10 minutes later it shows up. By now Im starting to freak out. We make it to the terminal at 6:30am, get our bags checked and run to security where Daniel and Meghan were waiting for us. They let us jump right thru the line and we are thinking we are going to actually make it. It is now 6:40am and the race in on. We are in full sprint to the gate, which of course was Southwest so I was the farthest gate possible. Im in the best shape of everyone but I chose to bring my laptop and school books so I was pretty much running with 20lbs on my arm. We make it to the gate at 6:43am, the plane is still there, we breathe a sigh of relief, and then.....THEY WOULDNT LET US ON!!!!! They lady at the gate told us that they knew we were trying to make the flight and they could see us running on the monitors but that they wanted to get on the tarmack early so they decided to leave with out us. I was on fire. Luckily they let us get on the next flight 45 minutes later and we didnt have to pay extra. We finally arive in Vegas and go to look for our bags. Mine comes out, Jessies comes out, Johns comes out...missing both its wheels, but Meghans and Daniels never show up. Turns out theirs were on the flight we missed so they got there before we did. After this we go get on the bus to the rental car place where I go to pick up our car, but they wont let me because my credit card is in Jeffs name....great. Luckily the guy at Enterprise knows one of the coaches Jeff works with so he let me put it on a debit card. We are finally off and running to the hotel. Once we get there I try and check in but low and behold I couldnt use Jeff's credit card again. This time I get pissed and they agree to check me in and except Jeffs card. By now I am ready to go upstairs, get in my bathing suit, and go have a cocktail at the pool. We go up stairs to our room, open the door, and of course they gave us a room with one double bed...one double bed for 5 people. I go back down stairs and after some bitching out we finally get the right room and all is well. The rest of the day goes great. We eat, we drink, we gamble, and all is merry. Later that night we go to the strip for an awesome sushi dinner. 10pm rolls around and I have to run back to our hotel 15 minutes away to pick up Jeff. Jessie decides to go with me and of course we end up sort of lost in some seedy industrial end of town. Eventually we make it back on the freeway and to the hotel. The rest of the night goes fine and by 1am we all just wanted to go to bed. The next day we all head to the strip early to do some shopping before the game. We are at the forum shops at Caesers and Jessie and I decide to go in a lingerie store. Next thing we know John Meghan and Daniel were no where to be found. We walk around forever trying to call and find them with no luck. Finally we just decide to go to the bar because our giant margaritas are now empty and we are feeling a little parched. While we are there John calls demanding that we find him so he doesnt have to spend anymore time in Express with Daniel (John is the the anti-shopper where as Daniel is like a girly shopper). I leave the bar quickly and Jessie and I go find John. Well I left in such a hurry I forgot to grab my damn shopping bags. Of course I dont realize it till we are already back in the car. I call the bar and they say they will hold them for me. We all go to the game...an hour late because I forgot about the damn time change...USU loses....then its back to the strip. I send John and Jessie into the forum to go to the bar to get my bags which takes them 45 minutes. They have to bust through the doors and argue with the bus boys to get my stuff but they do it. Unfortunatly they lost me as I am driving around everywhere. Eventually I make my way down the strip to where I left Daniel and Meghan and we set out to track down John and Jessie. After I yelled at them and hung up on them multiple times they started walking the strip towards where I picked up Daniel. We finally fine them as John is dancind on the sidewalk being harassed by a cop....can this night get any better. John and Jessie run and jump in the car and we take off. We had huge plans for that night but after all of that we just decide to go to our hotel and go out there. Unfortunatly by the time we got back we were all to exhausted to do anything...except John and Jessie who went out drinking till 3am and were overly loud when they decided to come back. We have to get up at 7am to make our flight home and by some chance we actually did it. All in all it was a fun trip and a crappy trip all rolled into one. I was definatly ready to come home and was just glad to make it back in one piece.

1 comment:

Rice-Ball said...

Sounds like you need a vacation from your vacation!